Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Chinese are coming

I was shocked to see Chinese in Algiers. Not only are they present subtlety they manage shops and have companies operating in Algeria. The building of a ministry right next to Sofitel is currently being observed by a Chinese company. Frightening thought on how competitive the Chinese are with all the overheads they have to go through to bring work to Algeria they are still competitive compared to regional bodies. The Chinese are coming, The Chinese are coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home