Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My next stop, Morocco

I had come with several conflicting impressions from friends and family about Morocco. My mother, who visited Morocco many years ago, seemed to picture a nice place. A friend from Canada had visited Morocco, and 1 day into the trip decided to bail and went to Spain instead. She complained it was not exactly clean, and since she lived in Egypt for a couple of years it was hard to imagine what I was to expect. I guess Rabat is a relatively ok city, especially in the main areas of downtown. I was shocked to see so much poverty in underdeveloped areas, and a lot of people were living a difficult life. It was a contrast I was not used to see. Although Cairo has its fair share of a spectrum of living standards, I don’t think it is so contrasting. I guess the sheer volume in Cairo also allows more tolerance to accept this spectrum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home