Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Extremely intelligent

I walked into Carthaga airport, and saw the sign of internet access, so I popped open my laptop. I was complaining about the internet access at Cairo Airport being free, I guess it wasn't the same in Tunisia. That was more reasonable. However, I surfed into the site (I had to make some intelligent choices as the information was only in French) and came to the part where I have to pay. It gave me three choices, using a Tunisian bank account (didn't have one), using a credit card which I was not planning to do, or buy a prepaid card. I saw the Tunisian post icon on that third choice, so I assumed that is where I should go get it. I went to the post office at the airport and the guys there had no clue what I was talking about. I opened the site and showed the guy the site. He read through it and then started to inquire about this. He came with the conclusion that there is a card but they don't have it at the airport. So how intelligent can that be, you give a service and the people providing it have no clue about it and the card isn't available at the airport where it should be, Very intelligent mind you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home