Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

So who wins Gadafi or Bin Ali

Well for sure Mubarak has lost this race, despite the huge difference in population it didn't help him win this one. He will have to settle for at best third place, although I might explore that one as I keep on traveling. The race I am talking about is the presence of the pictures of the president in public places. No shop, even small corner stands, goes without the picture of Gadafi in Libya or Bin Ali in Tunisia. I guess Gadafi might have an little more edge with more pictures in the street. He also practically has his slogans written on every wall in the street. These slogans are very wise at times, but mostly hilarious, and as the Arabic saying goes "Sharr elbaleyaah maa youd7eek", or the worst of the ills is that makes you laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home