Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Monday, May 29, 2006

Someone switch on the internet

I was typing away on my email at 12 midnight in Libya. I suddenly got cut off. I though it might be a temp thing but it stayed a little longer then I was hoping. After asking, I got to the modem and tried the reset button. It didn't helpp. After more the 15 mins I gave up and the guy pointed out that this is common and it could come back and could not come back. I guess it choose not too.

In the morning I was thinking to check email at the hotel and go to the airport a little later than the 2 hour mark, or go on time. I guess the guy sitting on the internet decided that for me. It didn't come back. So I though I would go to work in the airport. I had caught a glimpse of an internet outlet there. After going into the airport waiting area (and passing the reminder of being in the arab world) I went to the internet outlet, to my surprise it was also down. They said it isn't coming back. I guess the best conculsion I can make is that they guy sitting at the internet switch for Libya, decided to take the day off, and since it is a "3ohdaah" he switched it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home