Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Saturday, May 27, 2006

A start to a long trip around the Middle east

Well it was Friday evening, I was in Cairo Airport, to begin a trip to 10 different countries in the Middle East. My first destination, Tripoli Libya. I had tried for a long period to organize my travel trip, but I failed miserably. Email seems to be un-directional in this region. I guess I can't really complain here since I am guilty as all. As time was starting to be of the essence, I decided to just take the plane and GO. The travel agent arranged my first trip to go on a North African adventure, and the starting point, Libya.

I stood in the very short line waiting my turn to check in my luggage. As I looked for a trash can and came back, a guy walking from one counter to the other (and mind you he saw me) though it was an opportunity to bump the line. I objected, and told him it was not right and I am there first. He came up with the lamest of excuses, that it is empty and there is no need to do this. He was libyan from his accent, and his excuse even got me going crazier. That was exactly the lamest excuse you can ever use. If it is free then stand in the ..... line and wait your turn. If it isn't free then stand in the .... line and wait your turn.

I boarded the airport, an Egypt Air flight number MS831 to Tripoli, Libya. My last experience with Egypt Air was not that great, but that was in 1998. Now in 2006, I was not sure that it would be any better. I was surprised, the plane was well kept (Until I tried to open the tray, and the sloppiness of Egypt just spilled out) and very new. The crew seemed experienced and professional. Only at the end of the flight did I learn that this is was not the regular plane on this trip. It was actually its first trip. The large number of passengers made them use this plane. I guess I was starting to feel I am on a lucky spell. The next days of this trip will certainly validate this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home