Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Friday, June 09, 2006

Back in the 50s

I guess Rabat gave me the impression of Cairo back in the fifties, minus so much people. The buildings and streets seemed to coincide with the pictures I had of Cairo's downtown when it was called Paris on the Nile. Although the downtown area still honors this name, I don't think it does live to it. The movie theaters seemed to be primitive, as if they were from the fifties. The old town seemed to be very plain. I would however add that it was organized and people seemed to follow some rules, unlike Cairo (although you learn to like it, but never can love it). Add some of Cairo's glamour in the new millennium and this can be a great blend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home