Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Thursday, June 08, 2006

I spotted a Mc Donald's

I had not bumped into this icon of American Capitalism for sometime now. I was walking in downtown Rabat and suddenly saw one. I was not overly excited to see it, and even somewhat felt sad that it appeared. I have been happy to see local businesses in the food sector, and thought of Mcdonalds as an untasteful option for food in such a rich culture. I had been eating in a local restaurant in the old city which catered local Moroccan food. The soup, which is somewhat similar to that of all North Africa, was very tasteful, and was a meal in itself. I think that I should revive my cooking experience, and work on making some of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home