Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Chawerma again

Well my test of Chawerma continues, and it took a different twist here. When it lost the fries, it also lost the whole essence of cooking it on a rotating stick. This was more like a fajita on a sandwich then anything else. Reminded me of how an Egyptain restaurant (or so it claimed) in Waterloo, ON used to cook what they called Chawerma. Occasionally I would find a Chawerma place that cooked it on a stick, and fries jumped back in play and it tasted very differently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home