Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

They like Egyptians

Till now, my experience with the countries I visited have been very positive with respect to Egyptians. People like Egyptians, and since my dialect gives me away in no time, it is always a talking point. Many look to Egyptians as very friendly people and try to help as much as they can to make my time pleasant. I guess it is nice to be in this position. I guess the only place my accent wasn't giving me away was in Algeria, where people didn't notice it since they were not exposed too much to the media. However, in Algeria the moment I was known to be Egyptian people immediately associated me with Orascom, I guess the huge influx of Egyptians through the major projects on Orascom is quite impressive. Nice to know that there is a success of such a company in a country like Algeria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home