Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Monday, August 14, 2006

We need people who history will not remember

History is an amazing subject and it seems to be recurring. However, it fails to capture all the picture, especially with regards to change. As many people who have driven change, history remembers only people that have "captured the wave". However those who have created and stirred the wave go unremembered. We need so many of those these days to change the situation of our lives. Realizing this is not an easy task and we need means of making these people. How is the key question.

Open the newspaper in the Arab region and you will find the phrase "A historic moment" or a "historic statement" or the likes bombarding you. They are not historic. As a matter of fact there are not even moments. Unless you consider driving nations and people more and more into darkness as historic. We need something different something that can revive this nation. In recent history there are many who have made change, people like Salah Eldin, or Gamal Abdelnasser. You might agree or disagree with the outcomes they have created. Nonetheless, they have left a mark in history. However, prior to these individuals there were many who have made efforts to drive the final outcome, and many of them have gone unremembered. I was with a friend as going through the exercise of remember some of those in these two moments in time was challenging. We need many of those, and we need to create them.

I learned to ask a few key questions at anything, they are why, what, when and how. I add to that list when. Three of these questions are pretty straight forward and easy to answer. They are

Why: because of the miserable state we have become;
What: When need to drive change; and
When: NOW and if possible yesterday

The tough question is how. A question that needs to be addressed strongly and immediately. I don't think I have any immediate answer personally but I think that bringing this up is important. I would hope to hear from many how this can be possible to realize.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How?
By TEAM work....
The question now is:
where is the TEAM?

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home