Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Disspointed for France and Zidan

I guess after beating Brazil, I was hoping that France would go all the way. Not only becuase of the quality of their game, but also for Zeineldine Zidan. It would only be the best way to finish his career. I guess I started watching the final stages of the worldcup in Egypt. It was nothing like my experience in Lebanon, Syria and Jordon (Lebanon being the greatest). The excitment was less entertaining in Egypt.

Well I watched the finals, same as billions worldwide, and was disspointed that France ended in the fashion they did. Especially for Zidan. He should have controlled himself a little more, although after seeing people in Algeria I can understand his reaction. I guess it might have made the psycological difference, but in the end the lesser team won. Italy, only played 30 mins in this tournoment, yet was successful in taking the prize in the end. I was disspointed for France not to win this one again. More so, that the career of Zidan ended on such a note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home