Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lebanon's beauty is beyond Beirut

Beirut is a nice city, but the best parts of Lebanon are outside of this city. I got the chance to rent a car and go almost everywhere in Lebanon. The only locations I didn't go to were the liberated areas of 2000. It usually needed a police clearance which you can get away with as I was told. But they had recently discovered a spying network for Israel and a permit from the army was needed. I asked if going there would mean I would be turned back or turned in. I was told it was the later so I didn't go there. It was nice driving in Lebanon, and the scenery was great and people were very nice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Certainly good that you visited when you did... how can the country survive? There are no words.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home