Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Friday, June 23, 2006

Going to Prayer, don't go with luggage

I was suddenly in front of machine guns. I had a meeting on Friday morning and as I arrived to my car which was parked in the downtown I decided to catch Friday prayer in Alomary mosque in the downtown of Beirut. I walked in casually with my bad that had the laptop inside and was walking into the mosque. The army security at the door was in shock, at my behavior. I was walking into the mosque with a bag and with no care in the world. I was asked to have the bag inspected thoroughly. I almost missed the prayer time for him to check the bag. This was my first experience of the sort in a mosque, it was quite annoying, but understandable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home