Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Nice city, service, but still Cairo remains a glamorous city indeed

Beirut is very nice, and as well all know the level of service is substantially different here. Lebanese are known for the way they do service. They present themselves very well, and it is apparent even in the city and in outings in Beirut. I have been to many areas especially the downtown, and it was nice in many aspects, if you are going for a morning coffee, lunch or an evening out on town. The people themselves look so different and take care of themselves. It somewhat reminded me of Montreal, with its French influence on how people present themselves. A stroll next to Alrawsha, or in the area next to AUB was nice. However, Cairo is still another league with respect to glamour. It is unmatched, even by Beirut. Of course, I didn't spend a lot of time living in the city to really evaluate this fairly, but the liveliness of Cairo all day and night is not there. However, Beirut is definitely more organized than Cairo, although the "un-orderly" attitude can be felt around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home