Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Show me the bullets

Well I was entering the Language Centre, funded by the US Embassy. The security was high as expected and as usual. However, I was entering on the wrong day. It was the day or registration and thousands flock in on that day. I was directed to the centre a short while ago, and went directly to there. The man at the door didn't want to me to enter and asked me to call. I took my cell phone and started to try and reach the office inside. While I was waiting, a guy walked in the metal detector and it beeped. After a few trials the security guard told the guy to take of "Alrousass" which has two meanings, (i) bullets and (ii) lead. I couldn't imagine it was the first, so I assumed it was the later. I was mistaken, it turned out to be bullets. Combined with the Yemeni dagger that most people entertain, it made to a very "comfortable" situation with locals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home