Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Yemen, what is it happy about? Is it the Kaat

They always refer to Yemen as Happy Yemen in Egypt. After visiting Sana'a I have no clue why they call it happy Yemen, it has no excitement what so ever. The men (I have no clue about women because they are all behind black covers from top to bottom) all entertain a mouth full of Kaat in the evening and I guess this is what makes them happy all day. I asked about the Kaat market, and the guy I asked offered to give me some to try. I did, didn't feel much but maybe I didn't get the right dose, or the right techniques. It felt like eating tree leaves more than anything else. I guess without Kaat these people would be in bad shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home