Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Expensive, and you are being robbed and enjoying it

A Lebanese friend told me that in Lebanon, you get robbed and enjoy it. It was very true. I actually fell for the first trap in the book. I had taken a taxi from the airport and he charged me $25 for the trip. I later purchased the guide to Lebanon and Syria, and reading in it the first trick on arriving was just that. It said you will be charged $25 for the trip, but you should negotiate the price and get it for $10. However, I was not sad. You just feel at ease paying for things, even if they are over priced, because of the way they provide service. Things are expensive compared to what I am used too, even in Canada, and definitely so much compared to Egypt. I was wondering why I met foreigners who worked in gas stations, it seemed so unrewarding financially to go through all this trouble to an expensive place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home