Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

LEBANON ALL THE WAY I wished to be there now

Just simply watching the news as it develops is very saddening. Even more now since I can relate to places and people in Lebanon. As a matter of fact I am so disappointed that I am in Egypt now and not there. The helplessness I feel to do anything makes me hoping I was there, at least to show solidarity with the Lebanese people at this stage. The Lebanese are always stereotyped as soft people, but after meeting them I have different views on them. They are tough people and have gone through so much in recent history that I am sure will make them emerge out of this stronger people, despite being left alone by all the "neighboring" countries (some of which I hope would shut up rather than talk absurdly). The bombing currently bringing Lebanon many years behind is unacceptable on any front. As usual the world is turning a blind eye and politics are taking a biased view, which is expected in this unfair world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salamo Alikoum Nayer
What is the relation between u and Lebanon?
I am sure that u know Lebanese are clever people and they can manage their country better than us.

So i guess it is better to stay here in Egypt. wala eah???!!!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home