Around the Middle East in 40 Days,

My adventure around 10 different countries in the Middle east. It is more meaningful to read this blog bottom up, rather then top down. This will make more sense as I develop my ideas along with my travel. N.B. Posts might be delayed, not only because of lack of connectivity, but also maybe till I move from the country I am visiting to the next. Just to be on the safe side :) However I must admit the major reason remains my habit of procrastination

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Is it Syria next?

Recent statements by Bush sound so similar to those I heard in 2001. Although the players at the time were different, but Iraq was placed, out of context, in the statements then and the blame was put in them, and now where are we? 3 years into the invasion of Iraq, and total devistation in a great country. Now Syria is also put in a statement out of context, and suddenly it is blamed for no obvious reason. Will we see Syria being target like Iraq in the near future?

All in all, I think the "civilized" world is pointing fingers in the wrong direction. Blaming the wrong people and avoiding blaming themselves and the really evils of this world. It will only mean more trouble and more problems.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salamo Alikoum

well , i do not think so..
What happened in Iraq is not easy for the americans... they are stil suffering from the battle in Iraq, they will not be wise if they openned another battle with Syria.

Beside Syria quickly realized that it will be the next target so they made co-operation with Iran. Altough Iran is not super power but at least it will not be easily passed. Iran some how better than all the Arabian countries and Syria can depend on it.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ops
I forgot to tell u that
GREAT , finally u changed Lebanon and cared about another country

Nice...

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home